- Grated Pumpkin - 21/2 cups
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Honey - 1tsp (if preferred)
- Cardamom - 5
- Cashew nuts -10
- Ghee - 1/4 cup
Preparation method :
1. Roast the cashews in ghee until it becomes golden brown.
2. Heat 1 tsp ghee in a pan, add the grated pumpkin to it and stir well in low flame till the raw flavor is gone.
3. To this add milk and cook till the pumpkin is tender.
4.Add sugar (and a tsp of honey, if preferred) and stir constantly in low flame.
5. Add the roasted cashews and grounded cardamom mix well and leave it for 5 minutes.
6.Add 3 tsp ghee to it and stir well, put in low flame till the ghee floats (or the halwa doesnt stick to the pan) Remove from heat and serve hot.