Tilapia fillet – ½ lb, cut into big bite sized chunks
Onion – 2, chopped
Tomatoe - 2, chopped
Garlic- 2-3 cloves , smashed
Tamarind paste – 1-1½ tsp
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
Chilli powder - as required
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Salt – as per taste
Preparation method :
- Add oil to a pan/kadai and once its hot, add mustard seeds.
- once they splutter, add the smashed garlic folowed by curry leaves.
- Add onion and fry till golden brown.
- Now add the tomatoes and fry till all the water from the tomatoes disappear.
- Add a little water now and mix well and then add the lemon paste and mix well.
- Add the required amount of water followed by turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt.
- Allow it to boil and become a little thicker (but not too thick).
- Now add the washed and cut fish pieces (tilapia) and allow to cook (this may take approx 6-7 minutes).
- Once the fish becomes soft and cooked, remove from flame and serve.