Chana dal - 2 cups
Coriander leaves - A small bunch
Curry leaves - 5 leaves
Onion(small) - 1
Green chilly - 1
Salt - As reqd
sonf (sombu) - a pinch
Oil - 1/4 kg
Preparation method :
- Soak Chana dal 3 hours before.
- Take one handful of chana dal separately & then grind the remaining dal into a paste.
- Cut onion, chilly and coriander leaves into small pieces.
- Mix together the ground paste, soaked chana dal and all the other ingredients.
- Heat oil in a pan or a kadai.
- Make small balls off the above mixture and then pat it on the top into patties.
- Fry, until they turn golden brown.