- Whole Milk - 4-5 cups
- Lemon juice - 1tsp
- Sugar - 1 ¼ cup
- A pinch of saffron
- crushed cardamom seeds - ¼ tsp
- blanched almonds - 3-4 tsp
- crushed pistachios - 2 tbsp
Preparation method :
1. Boil 2 cups of whole milk to half the quantity and add lemon juice.
2. Mix it well and when it starts curdling, strain the granules using a muslin cloth and keep aside for an hour.
3. After an hour, crush the contents of muslin cloth, knead into a dough and make small balls as done in gulab jamoons.
4. Add the rest of the milk to a hot pan and boil till it gets into half its quantity.
5. Add the sugar and saffron to it. mix well.
6. Now add the milk balls into it and slowly keep stirring,making sure the balls do not break.
7. Once the milk thickens well, switch off the heat and decorate with almonds and pistachios.
8. Chill in refrigerator and serve.