- Rice - 2 cups(cooked adding salt while being cooked)
- Grated coconut - 3 tbsp
- Grated mango (raw) - ¾ cup
- Ghee - 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
- Dried red chilly – 2-3 nos
- Green chillies(finely cut) - 3 nos
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Cashewnuts - 12 nos(cut in small pieces)
- chana dal - 1 tsp
- urad dal - 1tsp
Preparation method :
1)Heat ghee in a large pan over medium heat.
2)Add mustard seeds, 2 red dried chillies broken into halves.
3)Add green chillies,chana dal and urad dal. Stir for few seconds.
4)Add curry leaves, a pinch of salt and a pinch of turmeric powder.
6)Add grated mango, coconut, fried cashews and raisins and cook till it becomes a thick paste.
7)Add rice to this thokku. Switch on the gas to low flame and slightly stir for another 3 minutes to mix all the ingredients well.
P S: This "thokku" can be frozen and used for next 1 month.